Health Benefits of Mulberry
Posted August 14, 2009on:
Nutritional Value of Mulberry
- Carbohydrate (in the form of sugars, mainly glucose and fructose) – 7.8 to 9.2%
- Protein (with essential amino acids) – 15% to 28%
- Fatty acids like linoleic, stearic, and oleic acids – 0.4 to0.5%
- Malic acid, producing sour taste – 1.1 to1.9%
- Fiber – 0.9 to1.4%
- Calcium – 1.8 to 2.4%
- Phosphorus – 0.14 to 0.24%
- Potassium – 1.90 to 2.87% in leaves, 1.33 to1.53% in young stems
- Magnesium – 0.47 to 0.63% in leaves, 0.26 to 0.35% in young stems
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Mulberry
- Mulberry can balance internal secretions and enhance immunity. It promotes proper body fluid production. People suffering from body fluid deficiency could take ten grams of mulberry daily with water.
- Mulberry is useful for the persons who use their eyes a lot during work. Regular consumption of mulberry strengthens eyesight.
- Presence of nutritious elements like minerals and vitamins in mulberry helps in curing chronic diseases.
- Mulberry is helpful for proper gastric juice secretion.
- Regular use of Mulberry enhances appetite, and also improves the ability for digesting and assimilating.
- Mulberry could be used to fight problems like chronic gastritis and chronic hepatitis.
- Regular consumption of mulberry juice would be helpful in curing health problems like anemia, pallor, dizziness, heart-palpitations and insomnia.
- Persons with graying hair can also get benefited by regular intake of Mulberry. Mulberry juice applied directly on head also promotes healthy growth of hair and blackening.
- Nutritious value of Mulberry enriches the blood and in the process, soothes the nerves.
- Mulberry could be helpful in promoting the metabolism of alcohol.
- Mulberry helps in containing hypertension.
- Regular intake of Mulberry strengthens body parts like liver and kidney.
- Mulberry is helpful in treating constipation.
- Mulberry is instrumental in eliminating abdominal distention.
- Intake of mulberry juice after any surgery is restorative.
- Mulberry is helpful in recuperating after long-time sickness.
- Consumption of Mulberry after childbirth is good for women’s health.
- Use of Mulberry keeps low cholesterol level in the body.
- Mulberry can suppress mutagenesis of carcinogens.
- Regular use of Mulberry prevents cancer of liver.
- Mulberry is helpful in reducing level of blood sugar.